Co executer brother moved into parents, not paid

Hi thank you for taking the time to read this, I posted a question about this issue a few months ago, but things have escalated. I lost my father February last year, he didn't leave a will but stated that his house be split between myself and 2 brothers. We hired a local solicitors re probate and the three of us are currently executors. We had the house valued and then last July one of my brothers decided he wanted to buy it.  We agreed, as requested, that he could started to renovate the house before he moved in after he stated he would remortgage his property and would divide funds by last Sept.  
Over the following months, my brother changed his mind, deciding he wanted to wait to sell his property before paying my other brother and I; consistently issuing new deadlines for payment and breaking them. In summer, he asked for my set of keys to the property to pass onto a plasterer (we all had keys to the house due to visiting dad), he didn't return them, meaning I could no longer access the house which was still portionally mine.
The last phone conversation I had with him was about two months ago, when he stated the £70,000 mortgage him and his wife would get on their home wouldn't be enough to pay my other brother and I off, it would have been. He went onto say that maybe it was best to sell dad's house and he'd take renovation materials, labour costs out of the increased price. I agreed: my employment being in jeopardy as he's constantly been aware.  
I saw my brother yesterday at a funeral: he informed me that he has moved his wife and family into dad's house, without consulting or paying me.  He has also back peddled again to 'waiting for a buyer' for his house. 
Where do I stand legally? What can I do now my brother has moved into my late parents' home without my consent as co executor?
Thank you for your time and help in advance.

Just on the subject of the deeds,

you are mistaken. Paper deeds, even if they exist, confer nothing in certain terms of the actual property ownership. In all but the most unusual case the registration of domestic property ownership is guaranteed by the Land Registry.

You can check the current entry and any recent changes at the LR official website for a small fee.

Profile: Interested in the subject

Thanks for that

Thanks for that

Look for occupation rent.

Look for occupation rent.

Profile: retired barrister legal adviser with MOJ.


what would be the best way of going about that?


I think the advice is to do your own research on the subject so that you can see what is involved.

Profile: Interested in the subject

Okay, thank you


User login


twitter link facebook link
netlawman link